- On Friday we went to a friend's birthday party and I was somehow drunk before I even got to his house. Two glasses of vodka and Red Bull went to my head FAST that day. Strangely, I only had one other drink that night and was just in the hangover from Hell the next day, so I think it just hit me wrong because I'm usually not that much of a lightweight. However, my husband and I were messing around when he was just as drunk as me and he picked me up to carry me in the other room. Well, he stumbled and I ended up smashing my face into this glass case we have on the wall and fell face first into the hardwood floor. So the whole right side of my body is bruised because I'm so fair skinned and bruise easily. My husband feels SO bad. But I wasn't seriously hurt and the case was very well secured to the wall because if it had fallen it may have killed me. So, another plus. I keep teasing my husband about it now though, telling him that first he criticized my story and then dropped me. Nice work, honey.
- Then comes a portion of the weekend I would love to just erase entirely from my existence. Ugh, has anyone seen (or heard of) the film 'The Human Centipede'? All right, I'm one of those people who LOVES horror films and will watch just about anything. However, roughly fifteen or so minutes into this, I had to turn it off because I felt just sick (literally physically ill) listening to any of it. This is the kind of film that made me feel dirty just watching it, or just sad to be a human being. For those that don't know, it's about a mad surgeon who kidnaps three people and sews them to each other to create a so called human centipede. I personally don't care how much the people who made this would deny it, but someone was going through Josef Mengeles' human experimentation logs when they made this shit. It's not just a coincidence that the madman is a crazy German doctor. That's not the only thing. There are far too many overlapping issues. Anyway, for those that may have seen it, I got as far as when he described the surgery to the people and was honestly about to throw up. I told my husband he could watch it some other time if he wanted to, but I never wanted to see it. I just felt incredibly bad after even seeing those first few minutes because it sickened me that someone decided to make the thing. And again, I'm all about horror movies and stuff, but this was far too close to the Nazi human experiments for me to handle it in a fictional manner.
- To make things better, we were having just a lazy day yesterday since my mom lives far away now, so I'm doing Mother's Day next weekend. We caught up with the new season of Nurse Jackie, which I just LOVE! Oh, that show is awesome. For the Twilight fans, Carlisle is in it (I actually think it's his show) and for the Sopranos fans, Carmela is in it. I can't remember how to spell their real names, so I'm going with characters. It's so awesome. Then we rewatched season two of True Blood and watched the Rambo movies before we fell asleep. That was fun.
- Yes, finally, I now have a new fandom to be super excited about. I just started watching The Vampire Diaries the other night because Mia Kirshner was on it. I've honestly never been so excited about a new fandom since I first started watching Supernatural. And since Supernatural has continued to let me down time and time again this year, it's nice to have one. So my muse was sparked as soon as I watched the episode the other night and had to do some art. I tried to do icons, but just wasn't able to. So I did a couple walls. I have some more WIPs that I was working on last night, but decided to take a break, so there will be more shortly. I'm so excited in that geeky little way, lol! :)
- 2 Vampire Diaries Wallpapers
Do not edit any of these graphics.
Do not post any of these graphics on FanPop or anywhere else without asking first! I'm nice and just like to know where my stuff is, so just ask.
Please comment and credit; comments make me happy!
More graphics and credits are available at
Title: Come Cast Your Spell on Me
Cast: Damon and Elena
Words: Type O Negative
Info: This was a fun piece to do and actually worked with me because usually when I use promos, things are much more difficult. My creativity feels limited. I like this one, however. I'm the type that likes all kinds of ships. For example, I'm both a Bangel and Spuffy fan from the Buffy fandom because they are both so considerably different. I feel the same falls into The Vampire Diaries because I like both of the brothers but prefer Damon because he's the vampire that loves being one and has that badass hot aspect to him. So I have the feeling that they'll be more of him in my artwork. As you can see, this is a simple pairing piece. I like the Type O Negative lyrics used here because they are very vamperic sounding, or at least cursed sounding. I used the coloring I did to enhance an overall softness to the piece. That's pretty much all there is to that.
Title: My Mistake
Cast: Isobel and Alaric
Info: I had this piece in my head when I first watched the "Isobel" episode last week. For those that don't know, I'm just totally insane about Mia Kirshner, so getting to see her as a vampire was beyond awesome. I found this scene to be particularly sad and everyone knows that I'm all about arting the angst. Originally, I wanted to use the cap where she puts the ring back on his hand, but it just wouldn't cooperate with me. Maybe some other time. I ended up using this coloring because I feel that although their is loss in this piece, there is also a gain of a new life when Isobel takes away the memories. Therefore, I placed some coloring in the piece, but not entirely.