1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Had the nerve to have someone do a real hard edit on my novel. (big hugs to bre2004 )
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make one.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, although that will most likely change this coming year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Although he wasn't close to me, Peter Steele died. When I told my sister, she was quiet for a moment before she said, "Would it be appropriate for me to say I'm sorry for your loss?" Could have done without that death. :(
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
An agent accept my novel (not just the first few chapters like this year).
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 14. It's the day Peter Steele died and I felt the music industry lost something special.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting an agent to at least read my first few chapters.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing my job - although layoffs aren't really the fault of the employees. I still feel terrible about it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Zara coat from Chicago. It was $400 but was damn worth it. It has kept me more than warm through this awful MN winter.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
This has been kind of a shitty year, I can't even think of anyone right now...
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My stepson's mother and the people at Luther Auto and VW. However, VW has redeemed themselves.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Roger Waters "The Wall" tour. It was badass. I have seen four of the shows on the tour and plan on going to see more as it progresses into Europe.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
The Dream is Dead by Type O Negative.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Sadder.
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner.
iii. richer or poorer? Balanced.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Did Christmas with my family last weekend - this weekend will be with the husband's.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Nope, did that a few years back.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
King of the Hill - I watch it on Netflix CONSTANTLY.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I feel that I may be incapable of hating anyone. There are people I don't particulary care for, but I can't carry around hate. It just weighs me down.
25. What was the best book you read?
Imperial Bedrooms by Bret Easton Ellis. I know a lot of people hated it, but really? It's the Less than Zero sequel. What did they expect, for spoiled rich drug addicted LA kids to grow up to be solid citizens? And whenever Bret comes out with a new book, it goes to the top of my list.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Several - Spinerette is probably my current favorite.
27. What did you want and get?
A refund from VW. I'm still reeling from that news.
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
Several - Black Swan, Chloe, The Girl Who Played with Fire, Devil, Machete, The Town, Let Me In, Paranormal Activity 2, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
26 - I most likely had a really good dinner and really good sex. It's in January, we can't do much on my birthday. The temp is usually subzero (no joke).
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Acceptance of my novel by an agent.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
It has gotten CONSIDERABLY better than the past years. I'm all about 1920's style fashion and makeup lately.
32. What kept you sane?
Writing, strangely enough because I drank and took a lot of stuff when I finished my novel. That, and I never slept. Finishing it kind of killed me a bit though because I wanted my characters back. But having it edited helped a lot because I got to do about twenty rewrites.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Probably Bret Easton Ellis. He's my writing muse and helped me out a LOT with inspiration. And Steve Buscemi just because he's on my radar every single year.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Having to deal with political ads. That and people telling me that even though I had the right not to vote, I had to vote.
35. Who did you miss?
Everyone I've lost.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Crystal. We knew each other before, but just got close this year.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Live for today.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"All alone, or in two's,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.
And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad bugger's wall."